Tuesday, October 9, 2007

America Screwed As God Retracts His Blessing Due to Yankees Loss

America was dealt a serious blow to its safety Monday as God announced the country no longer had His blessing. The New York Yankees' elimination from the playoffs means there is no longer a team willing to forgo the traditional seventh inning stretch in favor of "God Bless America," therefore leaving God no choice but to bestow His blessings elsewhere.

"It's a tough decision, but one that had to be made," God said. "The Yankees have gone out of their way to plead for Me to bless America so many times and I've grown so accustomed to it that this is really a huge blow to America. However, I'm not going to just bless America if no one else is willing ask. And even if another team does get up the courage to ask I can't guarantee anything. Let's just say a team like the Rockies, for instance, don't exactly have the same pull with the Heavenly Father. The rest of baseball, and America for that matter, is just not entitled to the same divine treatment as the New York Yankees. That's a fact."

God said He will continue to keep a watchful eye on specific people in America, like Jon Kitna and Tony Dungy, but the country as a whole can no longer take His protection for granted. He also said the Yankees years of persistence are what really paid off.

"They've made sure that they continue to sing the song even now that it's gotten to the point of being artificial and contrived," God said. "They even continue to trot out that guy who sings like a muppet, it's quite impressive. The Yankees are My favorite earthly team since the 12 Apostles, so when they ask for something I'm obviously more inclined to listen. It's too bad, but blame the Cleveland Indians, America. You're now more susceptible to Satan than ever and I cannot promise I'll get involved. At least, not until I hear from the Yankees again."

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Worst Article Ever. The Yankees and all people from New York should burn in hell for all eternity.


God loves the Red Sox

Anonymous said...

GO TRIBE!
I am so happy that my boys were the ones to bring down those spoiled little rich kids from the Bronx. And the best part...

Helped with possibly, Torres' early retirement!

Magic Number is now... 8!

Anonymous said...

You should be there and listen to 50,000 people sing if you think it is contrived. From the guys in the beaters to the woman in dresses, everyone sings. As the symbol of the country that the bad guys chose to come after, it is still important here (and not just to Yankee fans).

Anonymous said...

Dear Anonymous,

Please stop sucking. You have given well thought out and very serious reply to a blog post about how pissed off God is that the Yankees are out of the playoffs.

Sincerely,
ICIreton

Anonymous said...

Dear Anonymous,

Please stop sucking. You have given well thought out and very serious reply to a blog post about how pissed off God is that the Yankees are out of the playoffs.

Sincerely,
ICIreton


God is pissed you moron. Once Cleveland beats the Red Sox, nobody will care about the World Series... again.

goat said...

Tribe Time? The Yanks blow my butt. Torre's breath smells like feet. If NY really wanted to be cool they would sing Proud to be an American, not God Bless America. Lee Greenwood should be the new Yank's Skipper.

Anonymous said...

Steinbrenner ruined baseball, let the Murphy's sing Tessie or hear all of Fenway sing Sweet Caroline..
that's what togetherness is all about.

Anonymous said...

BoSox BLOW too! Let's just throw bottles at opposing players and refs. Singing and togetherness is for faggots.

Who Let the Dogs Out?

Anonymous said...

"God is pissed you moron. Once "Cleveland beats the Red Sox, nobody will care about blah, blah blah, I have small balls."

Unfortunately, you did not listen to my first post as you still suck. Even worse is that you're stupid. Yes, you are stupid. I would MUCH rather watch an underdog make it to the WS than (yaaaaaaawn) the fucking Yankme's. And I hate Cleveland (woof woof woof) Also, sorry to hear about your balls.

3SOUTH, 3SOUTH, 3SOUTH!

Anonymous said...

Dear 3South,

I knew some guys that lived on that floor and they were all as immature as you. Maybe you're the one with the small balls. Grow up and expand your friends from further than just a floor. Who are you to judge others?

Anonymous said...

I agree with the post at 4:04p. 'I knew the guys that lived there last year, last year', they were real dicks and always trashed the place. But at least once they moved out they matured and never returned, not even to run down the halls and trash the place. Maybe they did but I doubt anyone would have gotten caught.

"Hold on guys, I'm gonna talk to this guy for a minute then we can trash the place"

Anonymous said...

I just called 108. They said we can come over and trash the place.

Fuck you and fuck KFC.

goat said...

FUCK SHEEHEY, FUCK FOUNDERS and FUCK CAMPUS SOUTH. 3 south rules. the guy with the small balls sucks too.

Anonymous said...

Please do not associate me with the other 3 South Guys. I stretched almost every night on a floor with seeds and fruit punch spilled all over. I do have somall balls though.

Anonymous said...

TIMEOUT! Where? On the Field... OHH