After spending an entire season cursing J.D. Drew's off season signing and praying for one of his patented season ending injuries, Red Sox fan Shaemus McCarthy has changed his mind and is ready to embrace the right fielder, for the time being. Drew's solid performance in the ALCS, including a first inning grad slam in game six, has caused McCarthy and many others to temporarily change their tune about the perennially underachieving outfielder."I spent all year booing him because he was a bum," McCarthy said. "But now he's a great player. I'll continue to feel that way until he strikes out in a pivotal situation in the World Series and then I can't be held responsible for what comes out of my mouth. But for right now, I love him. I'm even considering going out and buying a t-shirts with his picture on it. But not just any shirt, I want one of those exaggerated caricature ones where he's got a giant head. Do they still make those?"
McCarthy has vowed to stick behind Drew through thick and thin, for at least the next two games and as long as he doesn't do something "wicked stupid." For his part, Drew seems to be pleased that he has put together one of his trademark deceivingly steady performances at a time when it was needed most, but he is under no illusions that the fans' current support will continue.
"I'm going to blow it somehow," Drew said. "Every year I string together a great few weeks or even a solid month and make everyone think that I'm finally going to live up to the hype and expectations that everyone has had for me forever. But in the end, I'm J.D. Drew and I'm either going to get a hangnail and sit out a couple weeks or hit .197 at an inopportune time or quit on my team when they really need me most. Either way it's going to happen, it always does. I've never left a city on good terms and the fans have never been upset to see me go. I can't see a set of circumstances in which that doesn't also happen here. They'll turn on me, and probably soon, but I'll land somewhere else. And I'll probably get a salary bump, too. Thank God for Scott Boras."
16 comments:
Luckily this posting wasn't about Ben Affleck. I'm waiting for BoSox fans to overreact....come on, I know you have it in you!
These articles are all very inaccurate. I do not know where you get your sources or why you find it necessary to bash other peoples teams. We have supported JD all season and will continue throughout the Series. You don't see us 'booing' Manny or Big Papi because of a strike-out. Maybe you should visit Fenway and get your facts straight, pal. Because you are so nieve and narrow minded I thought you should know that when Youkilis is up to bat we are chanting 'Yoooouuu' not 'booo' and its much the same for JD 'Drewwwww' not 'booo'. Maybe you can write a sensible article sometime soon.
-BoSox in 4
MAybe you should get clearer chants like: "Jacoby-Jacoby-Jacoby" this chant is rarely misinterpted.
Yes, you did it bosox2007! Congrats on being the first one to overreact, you have won a hot plate.
"These articles are all very inaccurate" Well, that is just some great insight. Maybe that's done on purpose? Nahhhhh. Ok, I gotta get back to watching Goodwill Hunting.
I think its difficult to judge a player based on some bad luck he's had in the past. Injuries are part of the game. Time and again JD does his best to recover and get back on the field. He's handled the adversity well and now has a shot at a championship. If anyone deserves it, he does. Good for you JD, go SOX!
It takes a TEAM and a great fan base. We have both. Thats why we destroyed the Tribe. Cleveland fans are trash and only come around when its easy to root for the team.
One of these Weenies from Boston should put a YouTube up for JD much like that kid did for Britney Spears... Its about the only thing gayer then whining on this Blog. I hope a plane crashes into Fenway and kills everyone, I hope that plane is carrying the Notre Dame Football Team and U2.
Dear beantown crush:
A few things:
1) Shutup (that was obvious).
2) Fans have nothing to do with winning. Seriously, your girlish cheers from your velvet couch are not heard and do not factor into the game. Ever.
3) I do agree Cleveland is trashy, again, very obvious.
4) Don't pretend to know anything about Cleveland or their fans. It's painfully obvious how much you suck.
Do bosox2007 and Jdsupporter realize this is a joke? Its so "wicked" its "retarded".
Barack Obama needs your support. Mr. Obama has the leadership and knowledge to lead this nation out of the dark hole dug by the Bush administration. Mr. Obama offers you, the american voters, the most balanced stance on war and terror. Mr. Obama also supports hears your cries for a minimum wage increase and supports your unions. Mr. Obama will also enact an innovative health care reform bill that will provide health care to millions of American men and women like you. The choice is clear, vote Obama.
I will not vote for Obama due to the post by:vote4obama. This blog is for making fun of RedSox fans only. I bet Obama is a RedSox fan or maybe jdsupporter in disguise. Nader 4 Life!
Did everyone who posted in this thread live on 3south Marycrest? I'm convinced you all did.
sincerely,
Kettering
i posted 3 times on this and i took the elevator everytime to 3. it was the best when people got out going to the 8th floor because 10 3southers got on and they didnt want to be harrassed so would rather walk.
i am also not a pussy
I bet that goat is the one who did the obama post. he loves that guy
goat loves obama because he's black and goat is fake black.
-big tymers
I think that Each of these funny talkers should be subject to instant death Thrown by Betancourt with no pre-bites
Post a Comment